Friends of the Webster Public Library
The Friends are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are also some really fun people!
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to purchase materials through the library at discounted prices.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
What the Friends Do
- Organizing the running the semi-annual book sales.
- Providing the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items.
- Funding programs for all ages.
- Sorting donated materials.
- Representing the library at community events.
- Helping the library promote literacy in our community.
- Assisting with needs not in the library's operating budget, such as the automated wheelchair, Express Books and DVDs, and book discussion kits.
Friends Book Sale
The Friends of the Webster Public Library host a weeklong used book sale twice a year. The book sale is typically held every spring and fall.
Upcoming Book Sale Dates
Preview Sale for Webster Public Library Friends Members:
- Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Public Sale Hours:
- Wednesday May 8, 2013 - 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, May 9, 2013 - 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
- Friday, May 10, 2013 - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Friday and Saturday fill a bag for $3.00 or buy one book get one free.
If you are interested in volunteering to work at the sale, please contact the Friends at email@example.com
UNO Fundraiser May 16
Print voucher here to take to UNO's with you!
Join the Friends
Memberships are $8.00 per year for a single or family membership and $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over. Click here to download a membership form.
The Friends By-Laws can be viewed by clicking on the link below.