The Webster Public Library
began in 1929 as a single room in the high school building with 657 books, 365 borrowers, and a circulation of 6,246. In 1957, the library moved to the Emil Reitz building on Main Street in the Village of Webster, and in 1959 the library relocated to a new facility in a wing of the Town Hall on Ridge Road.In 1975, a library was built at 1 Van Ingen Drive, located behind the Town Hall complex. In May 2002, the library moved to its current location in Webster Plaza. In 2011, we had over 100,000 books, 29,756 borrowers, and a circulation of almost a million items.