The Friends are a 501(c)(3) organization. They are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are also some really fun people!
Friends Spelling Bee
- $8.00 per year for a single or family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $20.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family*
- Download a membership form
*The Friends are a volunteer organization so receipt of membership may take 6-8 weeks.
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to purchase materials through the library at discounted prices.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
What the Friends Do
- Organize the running the semi-annual book sales.
- Provide the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items.
- Fund programs for all ages.
- Sort donated materials.
- Represent the library at community events.
- Help the library promote literacy in our community.
- Assist with needs not in the library’s operating budget, such as the automated wheelchair, Express Books and DVDs, and book discussion kits.
The Friends of the Webster Public Library host a week long used book sale twice a year. The book sale is typically held every spring and fall. If you are interested in volunteering to work at the sale, please contact the Friends at email@example.com.
Upcoming Book Sales
Preview Sale for Webster Public Library Friends Members
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 – 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Upcoming Public Sale Hours
- Wednesday October 21, 2015 – 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 22, 2015 – 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday, October 23, 2015 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday, October 24, 2015 – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday and Saturday fill a bag for $3.00 or buy one book get one free.
Amendment to the By Laws: Credit Card Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Conflict of Interest Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Whistleblower Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Reimbursement Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Volunteer Expectation
Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015