The Friends are a 501(c)(3) organization. They are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are also some really fun people!
- $8.00 per year for a single or family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $20.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family*
- Download a membership form
*The Friends are a volunteer organization so receipt of membership may take 6-8 weeks.
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to purchase materials through the library at discounted prices.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
What the Friends Do
- Organize the running the semi-annual book sales.
- Provide the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items.
- Fund programs for all ages.
- Sort donated materials.
- Represent the library at community events.
- Help the library promote literacy in our community.
- Assist with needs not in the library’s operating budget, such as the automated wheelchair, Express Books and DVDs, and book discussion kits.
The Friends of the Webster Public Library host a week long used book sale twice a year. The book sale is typically held every spring and fall. If you are interested in volunteering to work at the sale, please contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Book Sale
April 19-23, 2016
Upcoming Public Sale Hours
- April 19, Tuesday 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM Members Only
- April 20, Wednesday 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- April 21, Thursday 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- April 22, Friday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- April 23, Saturday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday and Saturday fill a bag for $3.00 or buy one book get one free.
Amendment to the By Laws: Credit Card Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Conflict of Interest Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Whistleblower Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Reimbursement Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Volunteer Expectation
Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015