The Friends are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are also some really fun people!
- $8.00 per year for a single or family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $20.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family*
- Download a membership form
*The Friends are a volunteer organization so receipt of membership may take 6-8 weeks.
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to purchase materials through the library at discounted prices.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
What the Friends Do
- Organize the running the semi-annual book sales.
- Provide the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items.
- Fund programs for all ages.
- Sort donated materials.
- Represent the library at community events.
- Help the library promote literacy in our community.
- Assist with needs not in the library’s operating budget, such as the automated wheelchair, Express Books and DVDs, and book discussion kits.
The Friends of the Webster Public Library host a weeklong used book sale twice a year. The book sale is typically held every spring and fall. If you are interested in volunteering to work at the sale, please contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Public Sale Hours
- Wednesday October 22, 2014 - 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 – 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- Friday, October 24, 2014 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday and Saturday fill a bag for $3.00 or buy one book get one free.
Upcoming Book Sales
Preview Sale for Webster Public Library Friends Members
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM