The Webster Library will assist patrons with exam proctoring. See below for our guidlines. Fill out the form and return to the reference desk where a Librarian will set up a time for your exam
Exam Proctoring Guidlines
These guidelines are designed to make sure both the student and the educational institution are aware of the library’s ability to provide a space and proctor for an exam.
For the Student:
1. It is the student’s responsibility to contact a librarian to schedule an appointment to proctor an exam. Complete contact information must be provided.
2. The student must inform the educational institution about the library’s arrangement for proctoring (listed below) before the exam will be scheduled. This form must be returned to library staff.
3. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the librarian has received the exam materials before the scheduled test.
4. If the exam is online, the student must provide their own laptop with wireless connectivity. The library cannot provide computers for time-limit and security software reasons. The library, however, can provide a wireless internet connection. The student should test the wireless connectivity before the exam date. The library does not have any back-up equipment and the wireless connection could potentially be “down”.
For the Educational Institution:
1. It is not possible for the librarian to remain in the room during the exam. The student will be monitored with periodic visual checks.
2. The library has a small study room that can be reserved in advance for the exam taking. If the room is not available, usually space can be found at a library table.
3. If the exam is online, the student must provide their own laptop with the ability to connect to the library’s wireless network. The library cannot provide computers for time-limit and security software reasons.