Public Use of the Meeting Room
Nonprofit organizations may apply to use the Meeting Room when it is not in use for library-sponsored activities. We do not charge for use of the room, but welcome donations to help defray operating costs.
- Priority will be given to Webster-based organizations.
- Applications must be submitted by an adult member (18 years or older) of the requesting organization at least two weeks but not more than three months in advance of the date being requested.
- The room can accommodate up to 80 people; half the room accommodates 30. The divider is not soundproof.
- Groups may use the room once in any given three-month period.
- Groups may not charge an admission fee or solicit contributions unless prior approval has been granted by the library’s Board of Trustees.
- By accepting a group’s application, the library in no way endorses the group, the program content, or ideas represented by the group.
- Final decisions about the room’s use rest with the library’s Director and Board of Trustees.
- Individuals and groups using the Meeting Room are required to abide by the library’s Rules of Conduct.
- Publicity for events must identify the sponsoring organization and state that there is no admission charge.
- A copy of any publicity material must be filed with the library prior to the meeting.
- Groups are welcome to offer light refreshments such as coffee and cookies, but no meals may be prepared in the building. Groups need to provide all serving implements and equipment.
- The member of the organization requesting the room will be directly responsible for any damage caused by the group.
- The room may only be used when the library is open, and groups must vacate the room at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
- The group using the room is responsible for setting it up and then leaving the room in order.
- The library is not responsible for articles left in any part of the building.
- The Reference Desk (ext. 3) should be notified as soon as possible if the room is not needed.
Applicants will be notified whether their applications are accepted or denied.
Approved by WPL Board of Trustees
Revised February 10, 1993
Revised May 14, 2003
Revised February 9, 2011