We enhance our community's intellectual and creative pursuits by providing expertise in combination with an eclectic collection.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of service at the greatest value in a comfortable and inclusive environment.
The Webster Public Library began in 1929 as a single room in the high school building with 657 books, 365 borrowers, and a circulation of 6,246. In 1957, the library moved to the Emil Reitz building on Main Street in the Village of Webster, and in 1959 the library relocated to a new facility in a wing of the Town Hall on Ridge Road.In 1975, a library was built at 1 Van Ingen Drive, located behind the Town Hall complex. In May 2002, the library moved to its current location in Webster Plaza with a south facing entrance. In 2016, the entrance was moved to the north side of the building and now has its own dedicated parking lot. The library gained 4000 square feet and has a beautiful new look. Library facts in 2015: over 241,000 items, 25,000 people attended events, 349,000 people visited the library, 36,163 borrowers, and a circulation of 1.5 million items.
Art Display Policy and Art Display Application
Bulletin Board and Literature Distribution Policy 2013
Cash Handling Policy and Procedures 2015
Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Policy revised 2015
Conflict of Interest Policy
Credit Card Policy 2014
Long Range Plan 2018
Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015
Meeting Room Use Policy 2017
Presenter Application Form 2017
Rules of Conduct 2014
Study Room Policy and Procedure 2017
Whistleblower Protection Policy 2014