Exam Proctoring Guidelines
For the Student
- Students must contact the library at least 48 hours ahead of the desired schedule date for online exams and up to 2 weeks ahead for mailed in exams.
- Students must fill out the form below to schedule an appointment to proctor an exam. Complete contact information must be provided.
- The student must inform the educational institution about the library's arrangement for proctoring (listed below) before the exam will be scheduled.
- It is the student's responsibility to make sure that the librarian has received the exam materials before the scheduled test.
- If the exam is online, the student must provide their own laptop with wireless connectivity. The library cannot provided computers for time-limit and security software reasons. The library, however, can provide a wireless internet connection. The student should test the wireless connectivity before the exam date. The library does not have any back-up equipment and the wireless connection could potentially be "down."
For the Educational Institution
- It is not possible for the librarian to remain in the room during the exam. The student will be monitored with periodic visual checks.
- The library has study rooms that can be reserved in advance for the exam taking. If the room is not available, usually space can be found at a library table.
- If the exam is online, the student must provide their own laptop with the ability to connect to the library's wireless network. The library cannot provide computers for time-limit and security software reasons.