Friends of the Library
The Friends are a 501(c)(3) organization. They are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are also some really fun people!
Pop Up Book SalesDates: May 13, 22, 27 and June 5, 10, 19, 24
Sale Hours: 11am-3pm
Prices: hardcovers $1 and paperbacks 2/$1 (cash only)
Decisions on weather cancellations will be decided on sale days: check Facebook, website slider, or phone 585-872-7075.
Sale located in library parking lot (weather permitting)
Sales to follow Covid protocols: masks and social distancing required.
Fill out the form and bring to the library or pay with the credit card option online.*
- $10.00 per year for a single membership
- $15.00 per year for a family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $25.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family**
- $100.00 Lifetime membership
- Download Membership Form
Use Credit Card or PayPal to pay for membership dues and/or make a donation. Use drop down box below to select the membership level and/or donation amount.
*If using credit card option select membership level or donation amount. You will be taken to the Paypal check out screen. If doing a membership and donation select one and return to this screen to choose the second option.
**The Friends are a volunteer organization so receipt of membership may take 6-8 weeks.
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
Annual Membership Meetings
- May 19 at 2 pm
- September 15 at 2 pm
All Friends members are welcome. No registration required. The agenda and Zoom invitation will be sent to members in advance of the meeting.
What the Friends Do
- Organize the running of the semi-annual book sales.
- Provide the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items.
- Fund programs for all ages.
- Sort donated materials.
- Represent the library at community events.
- Help the library promote literacy in our community.
- Assist with needs, not in the library's operating budget, such as the automated wheelchair, Express Books, and DVDs, and book discussion kits.
Want to Volunteer?
The Friends of the Webster Public Library have a variety of volunteer opportunities for you to join! In addition to our Spring and Fall Book Sales, the Friends need volunteers for maintaining Little Free Libraries, Community Events such as the Farmers Market booth, Publicity Committee, Special Projects, Newsletter and other fundraising events. Specialized skills such as computer or office skills are also appreciated. A detailed description of volunteer opportunities is available on the online volunteer form.
For more information please contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to volunteer now! Please fill out the online form and make new Friends while supporting the library!
Friends Bylaws 2019
Amendment to the By Laws: Credit Card Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Conflict of Interest Policy 2019
Amendment to the By Laws: Whistleblower Policy 2019
Amendment to the By Laws: Reimbursement Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Volunteer Expectation
Amendment to the By Laws: Recognition Policy 2019
Amendment to the By Laws: Vacant Officer Position 2020
Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015