Friends of the Library
The Friends are a 501(c)(3) organization. They are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are also some really fun people!
Fill out the form and bring to the library or pay with the credit card option online.*
- $10.00 per year for a single membership
- $15.00 per year for a family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $25.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family**
- $100.00 Lifetime membership
- Download Membership Form
Use Credit Card or PayPal to pay for membership dues and/or make a donation. Use drop down box below to select the membership level and/or donation amount.
*If using credit card option select membership level or donation amount. You will be taken to the Paypal check out screen. If doing a membership and donation select one and return to this screen to choose the second option.
**The Friends are a volunteer organization so receipt of membership may take 6-8 weeks.
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to purchase materials through the library at discounted prices.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
What the Friends Do
- Organize the running of the semi-annual book sales.
- Provide the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items.
- Fund programs for all ages.
- Sort donated materials.
- Represent the library at community events.
- Help the library promote literacy in our community.
- Assist with needs, not in the library's operating budget, such as the automated wheelchair, Express Books, and DVDs, and book discussion kits.
Want to Volunteer?
The Friends of the Webster Public Library host a week-long used book sale twice a year. The book sale is typically held every spring and fall. If you are interested in volunteering to work at the sale, please contact the Friends at email@example.com or fill out this form and return it to the library.
Upcoming Book Sale
October 2019 Upcoming Public Sale Hours
- Wednesday, October 9: 5:00PM - 8:30 PM Members Only
- Thursday, October 10: 10:00AM - 8:30 PM
- Friday, October 11: 10:00AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, October 12: 10:00AM - 1:00PM
Friday and Saturday fill a bag for $4.00 or get all books half price.
Friends Amended and Restated Bylaws 2019
Amendment to the By Laws: Credit Card Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Conflict of Interest Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Whistleblower Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Reimbursement Policy
Amendment to the By Laws: Volunteer Expectation
Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015