The Friends of Webster Public Library are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are motivated, hard-working volunteers who enjoy working together! Friends of WPL is a 501(c)(3) organization.
What the Friends Do
- Sort donated items for our Lobby Sale area, periodic book sales, Little Free Libraries
- Stock and maintain Lobby Book Store
- Organize periodic and semi-annual book sales
- Organize other fundraising events
- Support the library in a variety of ways to strive to meet the needs of the community
- Provide the library with funds for programming and library initiatives not covered in the library operating budget
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
Fill out the form and bring to the library or pay with the credit card option online.*
- $10.00 per year for a single membership
- $15.00 per year for a family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $25.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family**
- $100.00 Lifetime membership
Use Credit Card or PayPal to pay for membership dues and/or make a donation. Use drop down box below to select the membership level and/or donation amount.
*If using credit card option select membership level or donation amount. You will be taken to the Paypal check out screen. If doing a membership and donation select one and return to this screen to choose the second option.
Friends General Membership Meetings Dates
- Wednesday November 16
The Friends general membership meetings will begin with a meet and greet beginning at 1:30 in the Library Community Room, followed by the membership meeting at 2 pm. If it becomes necessary to cancel the meeting due to COVID-19 concerns an email will be sent to Friends members. Hope to see you there!
Friends of the Webster Library Book Sale
Thursday, October 6 , 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Hardcover books are just $1 each! Paperbacks are only 50 cents!
Credit cards accepted.
Friday, October 7, 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 8, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
BYOB Bag Sale! $5 fills a bag! Bring Your Own Bag
Want to Volunteer?
The Friends of the Webster Public Library have a variety of volunteer opportunities for you to join! In addition to our Spring and Fall Book Sales, the Friends need volunteers for maintaining Little Free Libraries, Community Events such as the Farmers Market booth, Publicity Committee, Special Projects, Newsletter and other fundraising events. Specialized skills such as computer or office skills are also appreciated. A detailed description of volunteer opportunities is available on the online volunteer form.
For more information please contact the Friends at email@example.com
Ready to volunteer now! Please fill out the online form and make new Friends while supporting the library!
Lobby Book Store
The Lobby Book Store is open during regular library hours. We offer gently used fiction and nonfiction books and media (CD’s, DVD’s, Blu- rays) for all ages. Cash and credit cards are accepted for purchases at the circulation desk.
We appreciate your gently used donations. We only accept two boxes or bags of donations from each patron.
Please do not leave the following items as we no longer sell them and must pay to recycle them.
- Cassette tapes
- English dictionaries
- Heavily worn or damaged books
- Medical books older than 3 years
Shop and smile as you help the Webster Public Library! .5% of your purchase will go to the library
Your Amazon Prime benefits are available on Amazon Smile!
It is as easy as 1-2-3
- Log into smile.amazon.com
- Under “select a charity” select Friends of the Webster Public Library, Webster, NY
Fundraising Through Recycling!
Help the Friends help the Library by bringing in your recyclables!
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Cell phones
- Electronic gadgets [no computers]
Can be left at the reference desk to be recycled.
Annual Reports and Other Documents
- Friends Bylaws 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Credit Card Policy
- Amendment to the By Laws: Conflict of Interest Policy 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Whistleblower Policy 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Reimbursement Policy
- Amendment to the By Laws: Volunteer Expectation
- Amendment to the By Laws: Recognition Policy 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Vacant Officer Position 2020
- Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015